Sunday, January 23, 2011

YOJ week three

Whoever said that the life of an artist was all glamor and light, never had to preclose and debur a hundred plus jump rings!  Boring in the extreme.  But it's done and well worth the effort.  I think.  I'm proud of this piece.  It's a major accomplishment because even the simplest wire work, such as these eye pins are really hard for me to do.  Wire just doesn't talk to me the way fiber and seed beads, do.


See this clasp?  OOOO and AWE over it a lot.  This is the first time I've managed to do a clasp like this.  Oh, I've tried, and I've mangled a lot of wire.  But a finished clasp?  Not a one... until today.  I'm not the least bit proud over this accomplishment, of coarse, I'm staying nice and humble and serine about it.  Really I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment