Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Searching for a deadline

For me, being creative has always been about the design process, leaning new techniques, and finding interesting new ways to use those techniques.  Finishing a project, showing it off, putting it up for sale, those things have always been included in the tiresome necessities of running a business category.  It's nice to finish a product from time to time, but nowhere near necessary for my peace of mind.

I know that sound harsh, but it's true.  I don't care about the finished product, I care about the journey.  Once the journey is running smoothly I lose interest, and look forward to the next journey.  The best journeys are those where you never know the outcome, till you set back and say "It's done!"  Those are the ones that are worth showing off.  Sadly these are few and far between.

As a consequence I hardly never finish a project.  I need a firm deadline, or a group challenge to get me to the finish line.  That's why I joined The Year Of Jewelry Project 2011.  The challenge, one piece of jewelry a week for a year. 

I have ideas, and I'm eager to get started! 

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I figure out how to sign up, I'm in. I already challenged myself to a Thing a Week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit "contact us" It's there on the far right.

    ReplyDelete