Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Knowing when to say enough

After careful consideration I've decided to drop out of the Year of Jewelry Project.

I've always found starting a thread difficult, and when that thread involves taking a photo, cropping it, etc, it's the next best thing to impossible.  But I thought I could do it.  Surely once a week wouldn't too hard to manage, right?  Well, I was wrong I can't do it.  Not even after the powers that be gave me permission to start a draft and work on it a little at a time.  I just can't get it together enough to get the photo's taken.   The ones I have managed to post have left me in tears by the time I was done.  :(

I was really enjoying this until my fibro went into flair again, but now...it's too much stress.  So it's time to say so long Year of Jewelry Project.  I enjoyed knowing you, and I'm going to keep the subject list and putter about with it as my body and mind allows. Time for a quick cry over what might have been, a bite of chocolate, and a taking stock of what comes next. 

2 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) and cheering vibes for you!
    Sometimes we need more courage to stop something as to carry it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to quit something when it gets to be too much. I started a Photo A Day project on Flickr for 2010 and was doing really well on it until I got a major illness in October and found out I had a lot of chronic stuff wrong with me, too. So, I had to give it up and at first upset me and then it was just a relief that I could let that go.

    I'm glad you got the pattern I sent!

    ReplyDelete