Thursday, December 2, 2010

Whistling past the grave yard

I've come to the conclusion that the best way to deal with fibromyalgia is to laugh at it.  Sure it's painful, and at times it's down right frustrating.  I'd like to be able to hold down a job and not feel guilty about having to have disability.  You have to admit, though, that trying throw up from putting a lid on a pen is pretty funny...after the fact that is!  I wasn't doing much laughing at the time.  :P

The best way I've come up with to describe fibro is it's like having a combination of autism, dyslexia, and aphasia, with massive aches and pains thrown in for added fun.  I have a constant fever and can't come up with nouns.  I find myself doing the craziest things, like throwing away my dishes and keeping my paper towel.

Still I find something to laugh about most everyday.  Abraham Lincoln said that "most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."  Maybe it's my quirky sense of humor, or maybe it's the narcotics, maybe I am whistling past the grave yard, but I find much to be happy about in this world.

I do my bit of moaning and groaning, I'm only human after all.  But by and large, when given a choice between laughing and crying, I'll take laughing any day. 

2 comments:

  1. Lauria, your fibro sounds like my Lupus. Seems there is always a disconnect between my body and my brain. I long for the day when they will work in tandem again. I really enjoy your blog, it's entertaining, and inspirational. Thanks for writing...Reta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep think I need a pin that says "warning, brain my go AWALL without notice!"

    ReplyDelete